I have to admit that where humor is concerned, I set a low bar. I can see humor in a lot of things, and it doesn't take extraordinary measures to get me to laugh.

And surely, visual recognition is a part of photography. We see the shapes of things in clouds, are highly sensitive to faces, and recognize similarities and symbolism in forms and objects. It shouldn't take a genius to know that when shown a Rorschach blot, it's not the smartest thing in the world to say anything about your mother, dead bodies, or the government. Witness this recent blog post about influence, and one photographer's subliminal connection of a picture he saw to a famous photographer's picture he'd recently seen.

Still, some things are just too much. Here's something that made me laugh so hard my son came in from the other room and said, "Daddy, are you all right?" (Warning: it's somewhat crude, so if that sort of thing offends you, stay clear. If you have an extraordinary love for either dogs or Jesus you might want to stay away, too.)

Form reconition taken to an extreme!

I'm still laughing....

Posted by: MIKE JOHNSTON, thanks to stanco

P.S. To the commenter who wrote, "You won't be laughing so hard when one day you bow before Jesus and acknowledge His Lordship," I should point out that I didn't mean to offend anyone and apologize if I have. I am not even the slightest bit religious and perhaps therefore lack the required...sensitivity. But it brings up a point I'm sorry I have to bring up: if you look at the picture at the link, be clear about what you're looking at. It's not Jesus.

I'm not a theologian, but I'm pretty sure about the following: even if you love Jesus, you still don't have to bow down before a little brown dog's ass. And if, like Charlie Brown, you see a horsie in the clouds, you're still looking at a cloud, not a horse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top